Tisbe Bimenisis Copepod
- These pods are what one would call the bread and butter of copepods in the saltwater world. If you know marine copepods, you’ve probably heard of these.
- They survive and reproduce well in the same environment as most marine fish available commercially.
- They are tiny, but considered medium sized as far as copepods go.
- They will act as the bottom of the food chain in your reef tank, and will readily consume detritus and and diatoms.
- They reproduce well, but, need a place to hide or else they will be quickly dispatched by your fish (most marine fish can go through hundreds if not thousands of these a day).
Tisbe Quick Stats:
- Salinity Tolerance: 1.021-1.028
- Ph Tolerance: 7.8-8.4
- Temperature Tolerance: 32F-84F
- Ammonia Tolerance: <0.5ppm
- Location Preference: Likes to spend most of it’s time on tank walls, rock, and substrate.
- Sexual Maturation From Birth: 9 days
- Average Brood Size: 35
- Reproductive Cycle Following Sexual Maturation: 3 days